NEST is an incubator for ideas and research.
The Network forms an umbrella under which all seven Research Centres in the Faculty of Social Science fall:
- Centre for Computational and Quantitative Social Science;
- Centre for Human Capital and Productivity;
- Centre for Research on Social Inequality (CRSI) - formerly the Centre on Population, Health and Aging;
- Centre for Research on Migration and Ethnic Relations;
- Centre for Study of Political Behaviour
- Centre for Transitional Justice and Post-Conflict Reconstruction;
- Centre for Urban Policy and Local Governance ;
Other research centres and institutes are also affiliated with NEST. While these centres and institutes do not fall under the umbrella of NEST, their mission, goals, and research focus can support and expand the work of the members of NEST.