NEST is located in and governed by the Faculty of Social Science. It is led by the Director who works closely with the Governing Council and is advised by the External Advisory Committee. The Director reports directly to the Dean of the Faculty of Social Science.
The Governing Council sets the strategic direction for NEST. Council members will help to build NEST’s
capacity to conduct and disseminate policy-relevant research, and will serve as ambassadors for NEST, promoting its activities inside and outside of Western University.
The Governing Council is made up of:
- the Director of NEST (Chair);
- the Director of each Governing Centre;
- faculty representatives: 1-3 tenured faculty; members at large from the Faculty of Social Science, appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Social Science. The Dean will attempt to ensure representation from Social Science departments not represented elsewhere among the voting members;
- the Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Social Science (non-voting);
- the Academic Director of the Statistics Canada Research Data Centre (non-voting); and,
- Affiliated Fellows: 1-2 at large as applicable (non-voting).