CCQSS will provide several kinds of opportunities for graduate students:
- Opportunities to hear about cutting-edge research in quantitative methodology through the Centre’s Speaker Series.
- Opportunities for Research Assistant positions through funded research housed in the Centre. Such research will include both projects undertaken by Faculty Associates, and research funded through institutional collaboration agreements.
- Opportunities to publish and disseminate outstanding graduate student work through the Research Papers series.
- A graduate student paper award that will encourage and recognize high-quality methodological work being done by Western graduate students.
- Opportunities to participate in occasional topical methodological workshops.
- Opportunities to make intellectual and interpersonal connections with graduate students and Faculty doing cognate work in other disciplines.
CCQSS will also provide the above opportunities for affiliated post-doctoral fellows. In addition, we will seek external funding for an in-house stipendiary Post-Doctoral Associate in future years (see below).